The following 26 questions by Jonathan Safran Foer were found on drink cup from Chipotle in Ithaca, NY. The story behind this thoughtful Disposable Literature campaign can be read at chipotle-experiments-with-disposable-literature.html
1. What’s the kindest thing you almost did?
2. Is your fear of insomnia stronger than the fear that awoke you?
3. Are bonsai cruel?
4. Do you love what you love or just the feeling?
5. Your earliest memories: do you look through your young eyes, or do you look at your young self?
6. Which feels worse: to know that there are people who do more with less talent, or that there are people with more talent?
7. Do you walk on moving walkways?
8. Should it make any difference that you knew it was wrong as you were doing it?
9. Would you trade actual intelligence for the perception of being smarter?
10. Why does it bother you when someone at the next table is having a conversation on a cell phone?
11. How many years of your life would you trade for the greatest month of your life?
12. What would you tell your father if it were possible?
13. Which is changing faster, your body or your mind?
14. Is it cruel to tell an old person his prognosis?
15. Are you in any way angry at your phone?
16. When you pass a storefront, do you look at what’s inside, look at your reflection, or neither?
17. Is there any thing that you would die for if no one could ever know you died for it?
18. If you could be assured that more money would not make you the least bit happier, would you still want more money?
19. What has been irrevocably spoiled for you?
20. If your deepest secret became public, would you be forgiven?
21. Is your best friend your kindest friend?
22. Is it in any way cruel to give a dog a name?
23. Is there anything you feel a need to confess?
24. You know that a group of crows is called a ‘murder of crows’, likewise a group of buzzards is called a ‘wake of buzzards’ – but what is a group of ravens called?
25. What is it about death that frightens you?
26. How does is make you feel to know that the answer to 24 is an “unkindness of ravens”?